Description: This vase has been made from mahogany and has had spiral cuts made on the outside with a router to produce a fluted outside edge.
Status: Not For Sale
1. The blank is turned into the vase shape with a slope narrowing towards the top.
2. The center is drilled out with a forstneter bit (or turned out)
3. The router is rested on the tool guide and the base on the vase side.
4, The router cutter creates a channel on the outside surface of the vase.
6. The depth of the cut can be built up in steps to avoid tearing the wood
6. after each channel is cut, the lathe is rotated to the next index mark and the next channle is cut
The finished vase